Crane's caddie to miss CIMB due to death of father
- By Rex Hoggard
- Oct 24, 2012 3:03 PM ET
Ben Crane was one of eight players who made the twenty-something hour trip from last week’s McGladrey Classic in Georgia to Kuala Lumpur for this week’s CIMB Classic, but he made the journey without longtime caddie Joel Stock.
Stock’s father died on Saturday and he was replaced for the week by Adam Hayes, Jonathan Byrd’s caddie.
“It's tough not to have Joel here, but he's with his family and where he needs to be,” Crane said on Wednesday.
Byrd, a Sea Island resident who did not play the McGladrey because of injury, also helped, giving Crane – who won the CIMB in 2010 – a ride to the airport on Sunday night.
Tags: Ben Crane
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path