Crane's caddie to miss CIMB due to death of father
- By Rex Hoggard
- Oct 24, 2012 3:03 PM ET
Ben Crane was one of eight players who made the twenty-something hour trip from last week’s McGladrey Classic in Georgia to Kuala Lumpur for this week’s CIMB Classic, but he made the journey without longtime caddie Joel Stock.
Stock’s father died on Saturday and he was replaced for the week by Adam Hayes, Jonathan Byrd’s caddie.
“It's tough not to have Joel here, but he's with his family and where he needs to be,” Crane said on Wednesday.
Byrd, a Sea Island resident who did not play the McGladrey because of injury, also helped, giving Crane – who won the CIMB in 2010 – a ride to the airport on Sunday night.
Tags: Ben Crane
- Kuchar holds Crowne lead | At a glance | Scores
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Putter aid gets Overton DQ'd | Clark in mix
- You Oughta Know: Kuchar seeks personal best
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Perry takes Senior PGA lead into Day 4 | Scores
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Moreno leads by one in Bahamas LPGA | Scores
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots