Webb Simpson held onto the lead at The Greenbrier Classic through three rounds. Simpson shot his second 5-under 65 of the week at the Old White TPC on Saturday to lead by two shots at 14 under par over Troy Kelly.
The U.S. Open champion will not compete in the British Open in two weeks to be with wife, Dowd, for the birth of the couple's second child. If he wins on Sunday, he would be the first of the last four major champions to win since their triumph.
Kelly shot a bogey-free third round of 8-under 62 to jump from a tie for 23rd into the final group on Sunday.
Three players are tied for third at 11 under, including Ken Duke, J.B. Holmes and rookie Charlie Beljan. Ted Potter shot 64 to trail by three shots at 10 under.
Tags: The Greenbrier Classic
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a true friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path