Aussie Day and wife Ellie welcome first child
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Jul 11, 2012 8:37 AM ET
Jason Day and his wife, Ellie, welcomed their first child into the world early on Wednesday, according to the Australian Associated Press. Dash James Day was born weighing 8 pounds, 4 ounces.
The 24-year-old said in February he didn't want to be an "old dad."
"I'm a little nervous, obviously, being a father for the first time," he said. "I'm also excited at the same time. I've always wanted to have kids. I love kids."
Day has withdrawn from next week's British Open at Royal Lytham and St. Annes, opting instead to stay home with his newborn son.
Tags: Jason Day
On Sunday night at Augusta National, it was Jason Day's turn to get a pep talk from Greg Norman. Read More
- Garcia sorry, apologizes to Woods | Scores
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Z. Johnson back at Colonial | Groupings | Tee times
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler plans to donate $100K to tornado relief
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management