Aussie Day and wife Ellie welcome first child
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Jul 11, 2012 8:37 AM ET
Jason Day and his wife, Ellie, welcomed their first child into the world early on Wednesday, according to the Australian Associated Press. Dash James Day was born weighing 8 pounds, 4 ounces.
The 24-year-old said in February he didn't want to be an "old dad."
"I'm a little nervous, obviously, being a father for the first time," he said. "I'm also excited at the same time. I've always wanted to have kids. I love kids."
Day has withdrawn from next week's British Open at Royal Lytham and St. Annes, opting instead to stay home with his newborn son.
Tags: Jason Day
On Sunday night at Augusta National, it was Jason Day's turn to get a pep talk from Greg Norman. Read More
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Six flak: Lefty's Open runners-up | Posnanski
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- WWL: Nice guy finishes first | OWGR No. 3
- Grill Room: Jungle Bird banned, misses U.S. Open
- Merion in 2021? | Tricky, appreciated | Dramatic
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of Week
- Rose wins for late dad | Hogan would've been proud
- U.S. Open: Articles, videos, pics | Coverage | Social
- Instruction: Play smart and patient like Rose