Aussie Day and wife Ellie welcome first child
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Jul 11, 2012 8:37 AM ET
Jason Day and his wife, Ellie, welcomed their first child into the world early on Wednesday, according to the Australian Associated Press. Dash James Day was born weighing 8 pounds, 4 ounces.
The 24-year-old said in February he didn't want to be an "old dad."
"I'm a little nervous, obviously, being a father for the first time," he said. "I'm also excited at the same time. I've always wanted to have kids. I love kids."
Day has withdrawn from next week's British Open at Royal Lytham and St. Annes, opting instead to stay home with his newborn son.
Tags: Jason Day
On Sunday night at Augusta National, it was Jason Day's turn to get a pep talk from Greg Norman. Read More
- Kuchar holds Crowne lead | At a glance | Scores
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Putter aid gets Overton DQ'd | Clark in mix
- You Oughta Know: Kuchar seeks personal best
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Perry takes Senior PGA lead into Day 4 | Scores
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Moreno leads by one in Bahamas LPGA | Scores
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots