Day withdraws from Honda after long Match Play
- By Jason Sobel
- Feb 26, 2013 3:24 PM ET
Because he withdrew before the opening round, no reason was necessary.
“We've had a long week,” Day said prior to beating Ian Poulter in Sunday’s consolation match to claim solo third place. “It's been mentally and physically grinding.”
Day’s opponent may have had a little inside info. While stating his case on Twitter that the consolation match was an unnecessary evil, Poulter wrote: “I bet Jason Day doesn't play Honda this week now because he feels exhausted. 18 holes less and Honda might have had him in the field.
Day was replaced in the field by Luke List.
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer fires 62, grabs early Colonial lead | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots