Day withdraws from Honda after long Match Play
- By Jason Sobel
- Feb 26, 2013 3:24 PM ET
Because he withdrew before the opening round, no reason was necessary.
“We've had a long week,” Day said prior to beating Ian Poulter in Sunday’s consolation match to claim solo third place. “It's been mentally and physically grinding.”
Day’s opponent may have had a little inside info. While stating his case on Twitter that the consolation match was an unnecessary evil, Poulter wrote: “I bet Jason Day doesn't play Honda this week now because he feels exhausted. 18 holes less and Honda might have had him in the field.
Day was replaced in the field by Luke List.
This year has been a disappointment for Jason Dufner. There's no better place to get things going in the right direction than at the HP Byron Nelson Championship this week, where he's the defending ch... Read More
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Karlsson puts yips behind, qualifies for British Open
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae