Day withdraws from Honda after long Match Play
- By Jason Sobel
- Feb 26, 2013 3:24 PM ET
Because he withdrew before the opening round, no reason was necessary.
“We've had a long week,” Day said prior to beating Ian Poulter in Sunday’s consolation match to claim solo third place. “It's been mentally and physically grinding.”
Day’s opponent may have had a little inside info. While stating his case on Twitter that the consolation match was an unnecessary evil, Poulter wrote: “I bet Jason Day doesn't play Honda this week now because he feels exhausted. 18 holes less and Honda might have had him in the field.
Day was replaced in the field by Luke List.
This year has been a disappointment for Jason Dufner. There's no better place to get things going in the right direction than at the HP Byron Nelson Championship this week, where he's the defending ch... Read More
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Lexi, Korda in Mobile
- Bradley holds onto Nelson lead after Day 3 | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- LPGA SCORING: Nordqvist's 61 in Mobile mix
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process