Details finalized for 2013 Web.com Tour Finals
- By Ryan Lavner
- Sep 18, 2012 2:48 PM ET
Details of the Web.com Tour Finals, which will debut in fall 2013, were revealed Tuesday by the PGA Tour. This four-tournament series will determine the 50 players who earn their PGA Tour cards for the following season, instead of the traditional route via Q-School.
The tournaments – each of which will feature a $1 million purse ($180,000 first-place check) – are scheduled to be held in Charlotte, N.C., Columbus, Ohio, and Fort Wayne, Ind., from Aug. 29-Sept. 29, which coincides with the FedEx Cup playoffs. (The host site for the fourth event has yet to be announced, though it is rumored to be at the Dye’s Valley Course at TPC Sawgrass.)
“With the introduction of this new qualifying process and four Finals events in 2013, the Web.com Tour is about to embark on the most exciting era in its 23-year history,” PGA Tour commissioner Finchem said in a statement. “The Finals will be the culmination of a season-long quest to secure a PGA Tour card and will end the year in a new and exciting fashion. Beginning in 2013, the Web.com Tour will clearly be the pathway to the PGA Tour.”
As outlined in July, the players eligible for the Finals will be the top 75 money winners on the Web.com Tour money list at the conclusion of the regular season, and the players who finished Nos. 126-200 on the PGA Tour’s FedEx Cup points list.
The top 25 on the Web.com money list will be guaranteed PGA Tour cards for the following season, while another 25 cards will be granted to the players who earn the most money in the four Finals events.
The three announced events are the Aug. 29-Sept. 1 Hotel Fitness Championship at Sycamore Hills Golf Club in Fort Wayne; the Sept. 5-8 Chiquita Classic at The Club at Longview in Weddington, N.C.; and the Sept. 12-15 Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship on the Scarlet Course at the Ohio State University Golf Club in Columbus. The final event will be held on Sept. 26-29, after the Tour Championship on the PGA Tour.
The 2013-14 PGA Tour season will then begin in October 2013.
- Tiger: No desire to clear the air with Garcia
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Mickelson to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Teater leads British Open qualifier; Guthrie 1 back
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae