KAPALUA, Hawaii – The top seven in the Official World Golf Ranking remained unchanged after the year’s first week, but there were some major moves not much further down the list.
With his win at the Hyundai Tournament of Champions, Dustin Johnson jumped from 23rd all the way to 12th. He is just one spot ahead of Steve Stricker, who moved up five places thanks to a runner-up finish.
Meanwhile, with a third-place finish, Brandt Snedeker climbed two places to No. 8, the highest ranking of his career.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods; comment 'stupid'
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- Sergio sponsor TaylorMade: Comment 'offensive'
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Colonial | Tee times
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Clark on ban: 'Not going to roll over and accept this'
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth