Doral's field size smaller but stacked with stars
- By Jason Sobel
- Mar 1, 2013 6:14 PM ET
Despite a field usually in the mid-to-high 70s – there were 74 last year – and qualifications which haven’t changed, there are only 60 players currently committed to the tournament at Doral, with at least four more in line to qualify this weekend.
The list of entrants includes every player in the world’s top 10 except for Brandt Snedeker, who announced Friday that he needs more time to recover from a rib injury.
Peter Senior and Toru Taniguchi are the two other qualified players who have declined the invitation.
Tiger Woods got a timely putting tip last week from Steve Stricker, which Woods says is merely the continuation of their helpful relationship. Read More
- Garcia makes racist remark regarding Woods
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Statements: PGA Tour, PGAA | LPGA | USGA
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth