Doral's field size smaller but stacked with stars
- By Jason Sobel
- Mar 1, 2013 6:14 PM ET
Despite a field usually in the mid-to-high 70s – there were 74 last year – and qualifications which haven’t changed, there are only 60 players currently committed to the tournament at Doral, with at least four more in line to qualify this weekend.
The list of entrants includes every player in the world’s top 10 except for Brandt Snedeker, who announced Friday that he needs more time to recover from a rib injury.
Peter Senior and Toru Taniguchi are the two other qualified players who have declined the invitation.
Tiger Woods got a timely putting tip last week from Steve Stricker, which Woods says is merely the continuation of their helpful relationship. Read More
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path