Branden Grace is star material destined to succeed on a larger, major championship stage.
That’s the opinion of fellow South African Ernie Els.
After Grace shot a 3-under-par 69 at Carnoustie Saturday in the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship, Els raved about Grace’s game. Grace, who takes a four-shot lead into the final round, is bidding to join Rory McIlroy as the only four-time winners this year on the world’s two major tours.
“He’s good enough to win an Open,” Els told European media Saturday. “He’s that good.”
Els shot 65 at St. Andrews in the third round and still found himself 12 shots behind Grace. The event’s considered a celebration of links golf.
“Branden’s game is so suited for links golf,” Els said. “He hits those low bullet drives and he can really putt.”
- Garcia apologizes to Woods | Tee times
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Z. Johnson back at Colonial | Groupings | Tee times
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler plans to donate $100K to tornado relief
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management