Euro Tour's Scottish Open to be broadcast on NBC
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Jan 22, 2013 7:00 PM ET
This year’s Aberdeen Asset Management Scottish Open, to be held July 11-14, will become the first regular European Tour event to be shown live on a major U.S. TV broadcast, it was announced Tuesday.
NBC will broadcast 2 ½ hours of live coverage during the third and fourth rounds from Castle Stuart in 2013 and Royal Aberdeen in ’14. Until now, only major championships, World Golf Championships events and leading team events connected to the European Tour have been shown live on American broadcast networks.
George O’Grady, the chief executive of the European said, said in a statement: “Following the vision and leadership of the Golf Channel, we are delighted to enter into this historic new agreement with NBC for live coverage of the Aberdeen Asset Management Scottish Open for the next two years. It speaks volumes for the quality of the European Tour product, and specifically the Aberdeen Asset Management Scottish Open, that one of our most prestigious championships will be shown to a new audience on one of the prime TV networks in the United States in conjunction with our already outstanding coverage on the Golf Channel.”
The TV coverage schedule:
Thursday, July 11: Round 1 coverage on Golf Channel
Friday, July 12: Round 2 coverage on Golf Channel
Saturday, July 13: Lead-in Round 3 coverage on Golf Channel; live Round 3 coverage on Golf Channel on NBC
Sunday, July 14: Lead-in Round 4 coverage on Golf Channel; live Round 4 coverage on Golf Channel on NBC
For the first time since Carnoustie in 1996, the European Tour's Barclays Scottish Open is back on a links golf course. Read More
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots