The bags has a silhouette of Ballesteros that shows his reaction to winning the1984 British Open at St. Andrews by two shots over Tom Watson and Bernhard Langer.
“He always said that was the sweetest moment of his career,” Olazabal said Tuesday.
This marks the first Ryder Cup since Ballesteros’ died in May 2011 after a lengthy battle with a brain tumor. He played in eight Ryder Cups and recorded a 20-12-5 career record.
“He has meant a lot to me and to the team and I wanted to have something that was present to each and every player,” Olazabal said. “Every time somebody gets to grab a club or something from the bag they can see the silhouette.”
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path