The bags has a silhouette of Ballesteros that shows his reaction to winning the1984 British Open at St. Andrews by two shots over Tom Watson and Bernhard Langer.
“He always said that was the sweetest moment of his career,” Olazabal said Tuesday.
This marks the first Ryder Cup since Ballesteros’ died in May 2011 after a lengthy battle with a brain tumor. He played in eight Ryder Cups and recorded a 20-12-5 career record.
“He has meant a lot to me and to the team and I wanted to have something that was present to each and every player,” Olazabal said. “Every time somebody gets to grab a club or something from the bag they can see the silhouette.”
- LIVE STREAM: BMW PGA Championship, Round 3
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Colonial's Rd. 2 concludes with Kuchar on top
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- F. Molinari leads BMW | McIlroy, McDowell MC
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Senior PGA lead
- Pettersen trails Bowie Young at Bahamas LPGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots