With an opening round of 9-under 63, Matt Every leads the Valero Texas Open. His bogey-free round also established a course record at the AT&T Oaks Course at TPC San Antonio.
Every leads by three shots over Hunter Haas, who took solo second with an eagle at the par-5 finishing hole.
Ben Curtis is third after a 67, and five players finished at 68: Fredrik Jacobson, Cameron Beckman, Derek Lamely, Jason Gore and Troy Matteson.
Matt Kuchar shot a 2-under 70.
Kevin Na returned to the par-4 ninth hole, where he made an infamous 16 a year ago. Na made par on the hole for the second consecutive time, but otherwise struggled. A pair of double bogeys and just one birdie on the card left him near the bottom of the field, and he withdrew after a 79.
- LIVE STREAM: NOW: Watch Big Break Mexico
- Tiger: No desire to clear the air with Garcia
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Mickelson to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Teater leads British Open qualifier; Guthrie 1 back
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae