With an opening round of 9-under 63, Matt Every leads the Valero Texas Open. His bogey-free round also established a course record at the AT&T Oaks Course at TPC San Antonio.
Every leads by three shots over Hunter Haas, who took solo second with an eagle at the par-5 finishing hole.
Ben Curtis is third after a 67, and five players finished at 68: Fredrik Jacobson, Cameron Beckman, Derek Lamely, Jason Gore and Troy Matteson.
Matt Kuchar shot a 2-under 70.
Kevin Na returned to the par-4 ninth hole, where he made an infamous 16 a year ago. Na made par on the hole for the second consecutive time, but otherwise struggled. A pair of double bogeys and just one birdie on the card left him near the bottom of the field, and he withdrew after a 79.
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose: Letterman Top 10 | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Rose highlights major champ group | Tee times
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- No. 1-ranked amateur Williams signs with Nike
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a true friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path