Darkness causes suspension of first-round play
- By Randall Mell
- Feb 14, 2013 9:14 PM ET
LOS ANGELES – The Northern Trust Open’s first round was suspended Thursday because of fading light in a heavy fog at Riviera Country Club.
Play was called at 5:43 p.m. local time. Eighteen players were on the course when play was halted. They’re scheduled to be back in position Friday to finish the first round at 7:20 a.m. local time. The second round will begin as scheduled at 6:40 a.m.
Charlie Beljan, two shots off the lead when the horn blew, finished out the final hole. He three putted for bogey, finishing with a 4-under-par 67, good for a tie fourth.
- Kuchar leads as rain halts play at Colonial | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- DNA anomaly source of rib injuries for Snedeker
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Cochran, Perry co-lead Sr. PGA after Day 2 | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots