MEDINAH, Ill. – How important is it to get off to a fast start in the Ryder Cup?
In the last five Ryder Cups, the winner of the opening session went on to win the cup four times.
The Americans thrived in foursomes the last time they won the Ryder Cup in ’08. They won the foursomes sessions 4½ to 3½, but they haven’t fared well in foursomes or fourballs in the last five Ryder Cups. The Euros have outscored the United States 22½ to 15 ½ in foursomes going back to 2002. The Euros have outscored the Americans in fourballs 23-17 in that same span.
- SCORING: Crowne Plaza | Sr. PGA Championship
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- DNA anomaly source of rib injuries for Snedeker
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots