MEDINAH, Ill. – How important is it to get off to a fast start in the Ryder Cup?
In the last five Ryder Cups, the winner of the opening session went on to win the cup four times.
The Americans thrived in foursomes the last time they won the Ryder Cup in ’08. They won the foursomes sessions 4½ to 3½, but they haven’t fared well in foursomes or fourballs in the last five Ryder Cups. The Euros have outscored the United States 22½ to 15 ½ in foursomes going back to 2002. The Euros have outscored the Americans in fourballs 23-17 in that same span.
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Crowne Plaza | Senior PGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia: Remark 'stupid'; apologizes to Woods
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Anchoring attorney: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- U.S. Open champ respectfully disagrees with USGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Instruction: Tips to strike your putts more solidly