Easy as 1, 2, 3: Rory, Tiger, Luke grouped at Doral
- By Jay Coffin
- Mar 5, 2013 2:10 PM ET
DORAL, Fla. – The WGC-Cadillac Championship kept with its tradition of grouping players together based on the Official World Golf Ranking.
That means Rory McIlroy, who would’ve had the entire golf world watching his every move anyway because of last week’s WD, is grouped with Tiger Woods for the first two rounds at Doral. The third member of the group is Luke Donald. They will go off the 10th tee Thursday at 11:53 a.m. ET and the first tee Friday at 12:59 p.m. ET. (Click for full tee times)
A group of high-profile Americans are together for the first two rounds. Bubba Watson, Phil Mickelson and the semi-retired Steve Stricker go off the first tee Thursday at 12:48 p.m. ET and the 10th tee Friday at 11:53 a.m. ET.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path