Click here for a full list of tee times for the PGA Tour's RBC Canadian Open. Here are four groups we're watching:
8:10 a.m. EDT: Scott Stallings, Kyle Stanley, Brandt Snedeker
Stallings won a week ago at the True South Classic (the opposite-field event on the PGA Tour), which helped soothe the sting of a disappointing and injury-plagued season. Snedeker was the 36-hole leader at the British Open, eventually finishing T-3, and Stanley was in the mix at Royal Lytham before a Sunday 76.
8:20 a.m.: Ben Curtis, Charl Schwartzel, Jim Furyk
Major champions, all of them. Furyk is a two-time winner of this event, in 2006-07, and he needs a good week to ensure that he doesn’t need to rely on a captain’s pick for the Ryder Cup. Schwartzel missed the cut on the number last week at the Open, his first start since injuring a rib in June. And Curtis, a winner earlier this year in San Antonio, was T-2 at The Players, but hasn’t finished better than T-34 in four starts since.
1:10 p.m.: Ernie Els, Matt Kuchar, Vijay Singh
It’s difficult to predict what we’ll see from Els, following his emotional victory last week at the British Open – he could either be dog-tired or reinvigorated. Both Kuchar and Singh posted top 10s last week too, and they seemed well-suited for Hamilton G&CC’s ballstriking demands.
1:20 p.m.: Hunter Mahan, Sean O’Hair, Mike Weir
Mahan, one of the Tour’s preeminent ballstrikers, is one of the favorites this week in Canada; O’Hair is the defending champion, albeit at a different course (Shaughnessy G&CC); and Weir, Canada’s native son, always treats this event like a major.
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process