Augusta forecast calls for wind Friday, clear weekend
- By Rex Hoggard
- Apr 6, 2012 9:08 AM ET
AUGUSTA, Ga. – In what is becoming a common theme this week, weather promises to be a big part of play on Friday at the Masters.
As Day 2 got under way, a cold wind whipped across the golf course promising to make the layout play more difficult than it did on Thursday, when the field managed a 73.368 scoring average.
The good news is that the chance of rain drops dramatically on Friday and the forecast is for a clear, cool weekend.
Tags: Masters Tournament
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- U.S. Open: Articles, videos, pics | Coverage | Social
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path