SUGAR GROVE, Ill. – The Solheim Cup captains are off to rough starts.
U.S. Solheim Cup captain Beth Daniel complained that all she was doing was “putting out fires” upon her arrival this week.
She said she was frustrated that arrangements she’s been making for more than a year were not in order when she got here.
European Solheim Cup captain Alison Nicholas was equally frustrated.
Nicholas said the team radios did not work on Tuesday, preventing communication.
“I have to say, it’s difficult because communication is important, and if you can’t communicate, it takes time to get things through, getting drinks and sandwiches and that type of thing,” Nicholas said. “I was pretty frustrated yesterday, I have to say.”
- LIVE STREAM: Crowne Plaza Invitational, Round 2
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Rory, G-Mac MC at BMW | No 3-peat for Donald
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Colonial member Palmer fires 62 | At a glance
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Senior PGA Championship
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots