Furyk leads Bridgestone by two after second-round 66
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Aug 3, 2012 5:42 PM ET
Jim Furyk remains in control at the halfway mark of the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational.
Furyk followed up his opening 63 with 4-under 66 on Friday. His 11-under-par total was good enough for a two-shot lead over Rafael Cabrera-Bello.
A pair of major championship playoff losers are in third and fourth place. Masters runner-up Louis Oosthuizen is alone in third at 8 under par. Jason Dufner, runner-up at last year's PGA Championship, is 7 under.
K.T. Kim is fifth at 6 under, leading a group including world No. 1 Luke Donald, Lee Flattery and David Toms in sixth at 5 under.Tiger Woods struggled on Friday, carding 3-over 73 to trail Furyk by 14 shots.
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Karlsson puts yips behind, qualifies for British Open
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae