Furyk leads Bridgestone by two after second-round 66
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Aug 3, 2012 5:42 PM ET
Jim Furyk remains in control at the halfway mark of the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational.
Furyk followed up his opening 63 with 4-under 66 on Friday. His 11-under-par total was good enough for a two-shot lead over Rafael Cabrera-Bello.
A pair of major championship playoff losers are in third and fourth place. Masters runner-up Louis Oosthuizen is alone in third at 8 under par. Jason Dufner, runner-up at last year's PGA Championship, is 7 under.
K.T. Kim is fifth at 6 under, leading a group including world No. 1 Luke Donald, Lee Flattery and David Toms in sixth at 5 under.Tiger Woods struggled on Friday, carding 3-over 73 to trail Furyk by 14 shots.
- Kuchar holds Crowne lead | At a glance | Scores
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Putter aid gets Overton DQ'd | Clark in mix
- You Oughta Know: Kuchar seeks personal best
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Perry takes Senior PGA lead into Day 4 | Scores
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Moreno leads by one in Bahamas LPGA | Scores
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots