Furyk leads Bridgestone by two after second-round 66
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Aug 3, 2012 5:42 PM ET
Jim Furyk remains in control at the halfway mark of the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational.
Furyk followed up his opening 63 with 4-under 66 on Friday. His 11-under-par total was good enough for a two-shot lead over Rafael Cabrera-Bello.
A pair of major championship playoff losers are in third and fourth place. Masters runner-up Louis Oosthuizen is alone in third at 8 under par. Jason Dufner, runner-up at last year's PGA Championship, is 7 under.
K.T. Kim is fifth at 6 under, leading a group including world No. 1 Luke Donald, Lee Flattery and David Toms in sixth at 5 under.Tiger Woods struggled on Friday, carding 3-over 73 to trail Furyk by 14 shots.
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Six flak: Lefty's Open runners-up | Posnanski
- U.S. Open: Articles, videos, pics | Coverage | Social
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path