Jim Furyk has been named the golf ambassador for the Web.com Group. The 42-year-old began his career on the developmental circuit in 1993.
Furyk will play an active role in creating wide awareness for both Web.com and the Web.com Tour by wearing the Web.com logo on his shirt. His agreement runs through 2016.
“I’m excited to be part of the Web.com team and look forward to working together to help others learn about the company while bringing more visibility to the Web.com Tour,” Furyk said in a release.
Furyk, the 2003 U.S. Open champion, has 16 PGA Tour wins and was the Player of the Year in 2010. He lives in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla.
Golf Channel's coverage of the 2013 Web.com Tour season gets underway Thursday with live, four-round coverage of the BMW Charity Pro-Am Read More
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Statements: PGA Tour, PGAA | LPGA | USGA
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- Guan WDs from Open qualifying | Playing Memorial
- Euro captain McGinley adds third Ryder Cup pick
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth