So after 2 ½ years at Golfweek, this is my new home. Here, my desk is a bit larger, the iPhone slightly newer and the security card … well, let’s just say I now must show ID before entering the newsroom.
Sure, the font used here on GolfChannel.com is different, but the words typed largely will remain the same. If Tiger Woods resumes his ascent up Mount Nicklaus, you’ll find it here. If the new PGA Tour Q-School becomes an unmitigated disaster, you’ll find it here. If a bevy of top-10 college players bolt early for the pro ranks, you’ll find it here. If 14-year-old Andy Zhang morphs into the next junior world-beater, you’ll find it here, too. Hopefully there is something for everyone.
As a writer for Golfweek, I was there when Bubba, Keegan and Webb won their first majors, when Texas clipped Alabama at an epic NCAA Championship, when Jordan Spieth captured his second U.S. Junior title. I tagged along with an emotional Jarrod Lyle when he visited the St. Jude Children’s Hospital in Memphis. I dodged a tornado while on my way to see top prospect Cody Proveaux in the backwoods of South Carolina. I survived a six-day, golf-and-food bender for a travel story on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. This journey will prove no less adventurous. Life as a sportswriter has its perks, I guess.
When writing for this space I hope to inform and entertain -- the way the best in our biz do -- as this grand game continues to evolve.
So, light up the comments section below. Tweet at me (@RyanLavnerGC). Send me an email (email@example.com).
Because golf is best enjoyed with others, no?
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process