PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. – For those looking for an early favorite on Saturday at TPC Sawgrass, GTC suggests they keep a close eye on Jonathan Byrd.
Following Byrd’s second-round 70 to move to within two strokes of the lead the St. Simons Island, Ga., resident drove home to attend his son Jackson’s tee-ball game that began at 6:30 p.m.
Jackson’s team won the game and the father/son combo celebrated the victory with a snow cone at St. Simons’ Mallery Park. GTC calls that good karma.
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Sorenstam in 'Go Annika'
- Garcia apologizes to Woods | Tee times
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Z. Johnson back at Colonial | Groupings | Tee times
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler, Mahan to donate to tornado relief efforts
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management