Say goodbye: The 25 who won't advance in FedEx Cup
- By Bailey Mosier
- Aug 26, 2012 6:55 PM ET
FARMINGDALE, N.Y. – Jonas Blixt, a 24-year-old rookie on the PGA Tour, sank a 5-footer on 18 to save par in the final round of The Barclays.
What’s so special about that? It’s special because that 5-footer means he’ll advance to next week’s Deutsche Bank Championship.
Blixt entered The Barclays ranked 101 on the points list, but his 72-hole total of 2-over 286 was good enough to move him up four spots to 97th.
Meanwhile, Gary Christian – who shot 6-over 77 Saturday when paired with Tiger Woods – failed to advance to next week. Christian shot 66-71-77-72 at Bethpage Black and also finished at 2-over 286 for the week.
Christian began the week ranked 111th in points and although he moved up eight spots to 103rd, it wasn’t enough to get him within the top 100 heading to TPC Boston.
The 24 other players who failed to advance are: Robert Allenby, Jason Bohn, Chad Campbell, Kevin Chappell, Will Claxton, James Driscoll, Harrison Frazar, Brian Gay, Trevor Immelman, Fredrik Jacobson, Jerry Kelly, Troy Kelly, Colt Knost, Davis Love III, Jeff Maggert, John Mallinger, Billy Mayfair, Rod Pampling, Andres Romero, Heath Slocum, Henrik Stenson, Kevin Streelman, Chris Stroud and Boo Weekley.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights major champ group | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a friend
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path