Already a three-time winner on the European Tour in 2012, Branden Grace carded a 5-under 67 Friday, extending his lead to five shots after 36 holes at the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship.
The South African has made just one bogey and missed only three greens in regulation between Friday's round on the Old Course at St. Andrews and his opening-round 60 at Kingsbarns. Saturday's third round will send Grace to Carnoustie, which has recorded the highest stroke average this week among the three courses being utilized.
Chasing the leader are Joel Sjoholm, who matched Grace's 67 at St. Andrews Friday, and Thorbjorn Olesen, who fired a 3-under 69 at Carnoustie. Olesen is the only player among the top seven on the leaderboard whose third round will be at Kingsbarns, the easiest course so far this week by stroke average.
The four players that made the trip from Medinah to Scotland this week continued to experience a Ryder Cup hangover. After his second-round 71 at Kingsbarns, Martin Kaymer finds himself T-56 at the halfway mark - the best standing among the foursome that also teed it up last week in Chicago. Peter Hanson (T-73), Dustin Johnson (T-89) and Paul Lawrie (T-129) will all need good rounds on Saturday if they want to make the 54-hole cut.
Branden Grace won his fourth European Tour event of the season Sunday by shooting a 2-under 70 to protect his lead and win the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship by two shots over Thorbjorn Olesen. Read More
Branden Grace won for the fourth time this season with a wire-to-wire victory Sunday at the Dunhill Links Championship. Read More
- Kuchar holds Crowne lead | At a glance | Scores
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Putter aid gets Overton DQ'd | Clark in mix
- You Oughta Know: Kuchar seeks personal best
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Perry takes Senior PGA lead into Day 4 | Scores
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Moreno leads by one in Bahamas LPGA | Scores
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots