Luke Guthrie has made quite a splash in his first summer as a pro.
It has corresponded with a quick rise in the Official World Ranking, too.
Guthrie, who began the year 1,401st in the world as he finished up his college eligibility at the University of Illinois, has risen all the way to No. 175 after his victory Sunday at the Web.com Tour’s Albertsons Boise Open.
Another of last week’s winners, Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano, who came from behind to capture the Italian Open, jumped from 45th to 37th in the world.
- SCORING: Bradley holding lead | Mobile Bay LPGA
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Palmer, Nicklaus release statements on Venturi
- Colsaerts loses at Volvo after bizarre drop | Results
- Bradley keeps Nelson lead | Rd. 2 at a glance
- Korda leads Mobile Bay LPGA through 36
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Video: Man drains amazing office putt down stairs
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process