Luke Guthrie has made quite a splash in his first summer as a pro.
It has corresponded with a quick rise in the Official World Ranking, too.
Guthrie, who began the year 1,401st in the world as he finished up his college eligibility at the University of Illinois, has risen all the way to No. 175 after his victory Sunday at the Web.com Tour’s Albertsons Boise Open.
Another of last week’s winners, Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano, who came from behind to capture the Italian Open, jumped from 45th to 37th in the world.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods | Tee times
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Z. Johnson back at Colonial | Groupings | Tee times
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler plans to donate $100K to tornado relief
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management