Following opening rounds of 62 on the North Course at Torrey Pines, Kyle Stanley and Spencer Levin share the lead after the first round of the Farmers Insurance Open.
Both co-leaders lit up the final nine on the North, shooting 30 and 29, respectively to cap off their rounds.
Bill Haas is alone in third on 9-under par, including a double bogey at the par-3 sixth hole on the North.
Four players sit tied fourth, including Vijay Singh, Rod Pampling, Josh Teater and John Huh.
A week after pulling out of the Humana Challenge, Dustin Johnson shot 66 on the North Course to tie Pat Perez and Marc Turnesa, who recorded the low round of the day on the South Course.
Defending champion Bubba Watson shot 69 on Thursday, while 3-time winner Phil Mickelson is 6 over through 16 holes on the South Course.
Midway through the marathon that is British Open qualifying, Josh Teater is poised to earn his first trip to golf’s oldest championship. Read More
- Garcia apologizes to Woods | Tee times
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Z. Johnson back at Colonial | Groupings | Tee times
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler plans to donate $100K to tornado relief
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management