Haas positioned to make another run on weekend
- By Randall Mell
- Feb 15, 2013 9:27 PM ET
With a chip-in to save par at the 18th hole Friday, Haas closed out a 4-under-par 67, moving into a tie for ninth, four shots off the lead.
“I feel like if I can ball strike a hair better on the weekend, maybe I can do something really good,” Haas said.
Haas played the first two rounds with Phil Mickelson and Keegan Bradley, whom he beat in a playoff to win at Riviera last year. Haas walked away Friday with honors in this pairing again, bettering Mickelson by a shot through 36 holes and Bradley by four shots.
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose: Letterman Top 10 | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Rose highlights major champ group | Tee times
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- No. 1-ranked amateur Williams signs with Nike
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a true friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path