KIAWAH ISLAND, S.C. – Padraig Harrington was one of the lucky ones Saturday at the PGA Championship. We think.
European Ryder Cup captain Jose Maria Olazabal said Wednesday that Harrington wasn’t on his radar for a captain's pick and that he’d have to do something special these next several weeks to receive attention. Harrington took that to heart and was 4 under par after seven holes during the third round of the Ocean Course.
He made double bogey on the 10th hole, but birdied No. 17 and ultimately shot 69 and was tied for 11thplace when the weather delay came.
Harrington is not sure if it’s a positive or negative to be done for the day.
“The guys might come back out and it could be flat calm,” Harrington said. “It could be a good break, but it could be a bad break.
“I would have settled for the guys to play the same conditions we played and have them play the back nine in the wind because the back nine was a lot tougher than the front nine.”
Tags: Padraig Harrington
Despite already having undergone laser eye surgery four separate times and having 20/20 vision, Padraig Harrington wore eyeglasses for a nine-hole practice round at the Waste Management Phoenix Open o... Read More
- Garcia apologizes to Woods | Tee times
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Z. Johnson back at Colonial | Groupings | Tee times
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler plans to donate $100K to tornado relief
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management