After the first round, there may be another reason: to contend for a title.
Harrington opened with a 7-under 64 in his first career competitive round at TPC-Scottsdale to grab a share of second place, just four strokes behind leader Phil Mickelson.
“It's a little bit behind Phil, but still a nice score in itself,” Harrington said. “You know, I pretty much got the most out of the round for the first 15 holes and then had three chances the last three holes and didn't hole the putts. But overall I've got a good feeling about it.”
Harrington is searching for his first PGA Tour victory since the 2008 PGA Championship.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods | Tee times
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Z. Johnson back at Colonial | Groupings | Tee times
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler plans to donate $100K to tornado relief
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management