After the first round, there may be another reason: to contend for a title.
Harrington opened with a 7-under 64 in his first career competitive round at TPC-Scottsdale to grab a share of second place, just four strokes behind leader Phil Mickelson.
“It's a little bit behind Phil, but still a nice score in itself,” Harrington said. “You know, I pretty much got the most out of the round for the first 15 holes and then had three chances the last three holes and didn't hole the putts. But overall I've got a good feeling about it.”
Harrington is searching for his first PGA Tour victory since the 2008 PGA Championship.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path