Unofficial Ryder Cup list may help official decision
- By Rex Hoggard
- Sep 4, 2012 7:49 AM ET
NEW YORK – One of the tools U.S. Ryder Cup captain Davis Love III used late into Monday night and early Tuesday to decide his four picks for this year’s matches was a points list that continued to run through the Deutsche Bank Championship, which may give a glimpse into who Captain America plans to take Tuesday morning in New York.
Brandt Snedeker, who followed up his runner-up finish at The Barclays with a sixth-place showing at TPC Boston, would have jumped to ninth on the list, ahead of Hunter Mahan (who dropped from ninth to 11th after tying for 39th); and Dustin Johnson, who was 15th on the list when the points ended after last month’s PGA Championship, would have moved to No. 12 after his tie for fourth at the Deutsche Bank.
Steve Stricker, who along with Jim Furyk (13th on the extended points list) is considered a lock for one of Love’s picks, was 13th in Boston and would have moved to 10th in points while Rickie Fowler, 12th after the PGA, would have dropped to 14th following his tie for 74th in the second playoff event.
Tags: Ryder Cup
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots