Howell III cards second ace of season at Zurich
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Apr 29, 2012 2:33 PM ET
AVONDALE, La. – For the second time this season, Charles Howell III has a hole-in-one in competition.
With a 6-iron from 190 yards, Howell III made an ace at the par-3 ninth hole at TPC Louisiana in the final round of the Zurich Classic. It is the second ace recorded at the hole as Tim Clark holed out there in the second round of the '08 tournament.
This is the second ace of the year for Howell, who made a hole-in-one at the par-3 seventh hole at PGA National in the final round of the Honda Classic. Howell shares the lead for aces this season with Nick O'Hern.
The ace is Howell's fifth ace on the PGA Tour. Dating back to 1971, Hal Sutton leads the PGA Tour with 10.
Tags: Charles Howell III
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots