Howell III cards second ace of season at Zurich
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Apr 29, 2012 2:33 PM ET
AVONDALE, La. – For the second time this season, Charles Howell III has a hole-in-one in competition.
With a 6-iron from 190 yards, Howell III made an ace at the par-3 ninth hole at TPC Louisiana in the final round of the Zurich Classic. It is the second ace recorded at the hole as Tim Clark holed out there in the second round of the '08 tournament.
This is the second ace of the year for Howell, who made a hole-in-one at the par-3 seventh hole at PGA National in the final round of the Honda Classic. Howell shares the lead for aces this season with Nick O'Hern.
The ace is Howell's fifth ace on the PGA Tour. Dating back to 1971, Hal Sutton leads the PGA Tour with 10.
Tags: Charles Howell III
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Sorenstam in 'Go Annika'
- Garcia apologizes to Woods | Tee times
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Z. Johnson back at Colonial | Groupings | Tee times
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler plans to donate $100K to tornado relief
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management