Howell playing for Oak Tree instead of Isleworth at Tavistock
- By Rex Hoggard
- Mar 12, 2013 2:31 PM ET
The 24 players who will participate in this year’s Tavistock Cup were announced on Tuesday with plenty of familiar names.
Tiger Woods will lead the team from Albany, Graeme McDowell will again play for Lake Nona, while cup fixture Charles Howell III will also play this year’s event on March 25-26, just not for his normal team.
Howell, who has played for Isleworth in the matches four times, will join Rickie Fowler, Bob Tway and Scott Verplank on the team from Oak Tree National in Oklahoma. Howell said he didn’t qualify for this year’s Isleworth team, which will include Bubba Watson, Bo Van Pelt, D.A. Points and Brian Davis.
“I live by the fourth tee at Isleworth and I’m playing for Oak Tree,” Howell laughed at Doral. “I got in the (WGC) Match Play and the Cadillac (Championship) and I didn’t qualify for my home club. It just kind of sinks in as the event nears. ‘On the tee from Oak Tree,’ . . . alright.”
- Garcia makes racist remark regarding Woods
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth