HSBC extends sponsorship of LPGA event
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Oct 22, 2012 12:20 PM ET
HSBC announced Monday that it has extended its agreement as title sponsor of the HSBC Women’s Champions event in Singapore for three more years.
The deal keeps the elite-field event on the LPGA schedule through at least 2015. It’s scheduled to be played Feb. 28-March 3 next year with the purse once again set at $1.4 million.
The limited-field event featured 49 of the top 50 LPGA money winners when it was played at Tanah Merah Country in late February of this year with Angela Stanford winning. Future venues will be announced later.
Just a few days after a five-car crash, Ai Miyazato withdrew from this week's LPGA event, citing neck and shoulder pain. Read More
Ai Miyazato won the HSBC Women's Champions on Sunday to become the first LPGA player in 44 years to sweep the first two events of a season, closing with 3-under 69 for a two-stroke victory over Cristi... Read More
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots