KAPALUA, Hawaii – Most golf seasons feel like they'll never end. This one feels like it will never start.
The Hyundai Tournament of Champions is experiencing yet another delay Sunday morning, as the official opening round has yet to tee off.
The first tee time – originally scheduled for 7:15 a.m. local time has now been moved to 11:10 a.m. (4:10 p.m. ET) due to strong winds of more than 40 mph.
This comes on the heels of an abbreviated Friday round after which scores were wiped away and a Saturday that saw no shots being hit at all.
Officials were hoping to play 36 holes on Sunday, then complete a 54-hole tournament on Monday, however with the additional delays there are rumors that they could play 18 holes Sunday afternoon and 36 on Monday.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods; comment 'stupid'
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Colonial | Tee times
- McIlroy won't address management speculation
- Inaugural Bahamas LPGA event deluged by rain
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Clark on anchor ban: 'Not going to roll over'
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air