NAPLES, Fla. – Inbee Park may be a long shot to win the CME Group Titleholders Sunday, but she’s looking like a good bet to win the Vare Trophy and the LPGA money title.
Park, tied for 17th and eight shots back after three rounds at TwinEagles Club, will win the money title provided Stacy Lewis does not win the Titleholders. Lewis enters Sunday tied for 24th and 10 shots off the lead.
Park will win the Vare Trophy, according to LPGA estimates, unless Lewis shoots a final-round score that is eight shots better than Park, though Lewis would need to be only seven shots better if Park shoots 74 or worse.
Park came into the Titleholders leading the tour with $2,266,638 in earnings. Park’s scoring average coming into the final event was 70.20, Lewis’ 70.26.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods; comment 'stupid'
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Garcia's comments hot topic at Crowne Plaza
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Colonial | Tee times
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management
- Inaugural Bahamas LPGA event deluged by rain
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation