Ishikawa announces he's engaged to girlfriend
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Apr 9, 2012 5:55 PM ET
After missing the cut at the Masters playing on a special invitation, Ryo Ishikawa returned home to Japan. Upon arrival, the 20 year old announced he was engaged to his longtime girlfriend.
“I turned 20, so I feel like it’s a good time to make this decision,” said Ishikawa as he was answering media questions at Narita Airport, according to multiple reports.
The identity of his fiancée, who his handlers say has been with the golfer for four years, is unknown.
An appearance by Ishikawa's fiancee was rumored at the Presidents Cup last November. She did not appear at Royal Melbourne amid speculation that she is pregnant.
Ishikawa finished a career-best second at the Puerto Rico Open last month, earning enough money to become a special temporary member on the PGA Tour. With one more top-10 finish, Ishikawa could earn full membership for next season.
Tags: Ryo Ishikawa
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path