John Hawkins: WGC-Accenture Match Play, Day 1
- By John Hawkins
- Feb 20, 2013 4:00 PM ET
The weather forecast for Wednesday in Marana, Ariz., never looked bright. But after three hours of play in the opening round of the WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship, it took a turn for the worse.
At 1:07 p.m. ET, Round 1 was suspended because of heavy snow.
Two hours later, the snow had stopped falling, but it wasn't going to melt any time soon. Wednesday was called and play is set to resume Thursday.
To help weather the storm, join John Hawkins for a live chat about all things Match Play.
Hawkins is a contributing writer with more than two decades of journalism experience.
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Karlsson puts yips behind, qualifies for British Open
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae