John Hawkins: WGC-Accenture Match Play, Day 1
- By John Hawkins
- Feb 20, 2013 4:00 PM ET
The weather forecast for Wednesday in Marana, Ariz., never looked bright. But after three hours of play in the opening round of the WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship, it took a turn for the worse.
At 1:07 p.m. ET, Round 1 was suspended because of heavy snow.
Two hours later, the snow had stopped falling, but it wasn't going to melt any time soon. Wednesday was called and play is set to resume Thursday.
To help weather the storm, join John Hawkins for a live chat about all things Match Play.
Hawkins is a contributing writer with more than two decades of journalism experience.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods; comment 'stupid'
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Colonial reax: Garcia's comments | Singh, anchoring
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Colonial | Tee times
- Fowler, Mahan to donate to tornado relief efforts
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management
- Simpson wants bifurcation | Clark's take