SILVIS, Ill. – Born in Iowa City and raised in Cedar Rapids, Zach Johnson would relish winning the John Deere Classic with so much family and so many friends coming to watch.
Johnson tied for third at TPC Deere Run last year and tied for second here in ’09.
“I hold this tournament in very high regard,” Johnson said. “I’ve played in this tournament more than any tournament on the PGA Tour. This is my 11th start, but it’s my ninth year as a card carrying [PGA Tour] member.
“I love everything about this event. So, it would be a dream come true.”
Cedar Rapids is just 90 minutes from the Quad Cities area.
“It’s been a long week already,” Johnson said. “I’ve got a lot of friends and family coming to town, so that makes it hectic, but it also makes it that much more fun. So, I’m really excited.”
- LIVE STREAM: Coming up: Bahamas LPGA
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Colonial's Rd. 2 concludes with Kuchar on top
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Senior PGA lead
- Pettersen trails Bowie Young at Bahamas LPGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots