Kaymer the latest to accept '13 Tour membership
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Nov 20, 2012 1:26 PM ET
Martin Kaymer on Tuesday became the latest international player to accept PGA Tour membership for 2013, joining fellow European Ryder Cuppers Nicolas Colsaerts and Peter Hanson, Ryo Ishikawa and David Lynn.
Kaymer, who turns 28 next month, had a five-year Tour exemption by virtue of his 2010 PGA Championship victory. His lone top-10 finish this season on Tour was a solo ninth at the WGC-HSBC Champions, but his signature moment, of course, was holing the clinching putt for Europe at the Ryder Cup.
The PGA Tour used to be the ultimate destination for touring professional. Not so anymore. Read More
Golf Channel's coverage of the 2013 Web.com Tour season gets underway Thursday with live, four-round coverage of the BMW Charity Pro-Am Read More
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- SCORING: McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- No. 1 Cal (11 wins) headlines 30-team NCAA field
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play