Kaymer the latest to accept '13 Tour membership
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Nov 20, 2012 1:26 PM ET
Martin Kaymer on Tuesday became the latest international player to accept PGA Tour membership for 2013, joining fellow European Ryder Cuppers Nicolas Colsaerts and Peter Hanson, Ryo Ishikawa and David Lynn.
Kaymer, who turns 28 next month, had a five-year Tour exemption by virtue of his 2010 PGA Championship victory. His lone top-10 finish this season on Tour was a solo ninth at the WGC-HSBC Champions, but his signature moment, of course, was holing the clinching putt for Europe at the Ryder Cup.
The PGA Tour used to be the ultimate destination for touring professional. Not so anymore. Read More
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path