Kia Classic to get new venue in 2013
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Dec 19, 2012 3:35 PM ET
The Kia Classic will move to a new home next year with the LPGA announcing Wednesday that Kia Motors has extended its agreement as title sponsor.
The 2013 event will be played March 21-24 at Aviara Golf Club at the Park Hyatt Resort in Carlsbad, Calif. It will mark the fourth annual playing of the tournament, which will continue to feature a 144-player field.
Yani Tseng won last year’s Kia Classic at LaCosta Resort and Spa in Carlsbad.
The LPGA announced that Kia Motors has signed a multiyear extension but did not detail how many years. This year’s event will award a sponsor exemption to the winner of the UC Irvine Women’s Golf Anteater Invitational in February.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Karlsson puts yips behind, qualifies for British Open
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae