Kia Classic to get new venue in 2013
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Dec 19, 2012 3:35 PM ET
The Kia Classic will move to a new home next year with the LPGA announcing Wednesday that Kia Motors has extended its agreement as title sponsor.
The 2013 event will be played March 21-24 at Aviara Golf Club at the Park Hyatt Resort in Carlsbad, Calif. It will mark the fourth annual playing of the tournament, which will continue to feature a 144-player field.
Yani Tseng won last year’s Kia Classic at LaCosta Resort and Spa in Carlsbad.
The LPGA announced that Kia Motors has signed a multiyear extension but did not detail how many years. This year’s event will award a sponsor exemption to the winner of the UC Irvine Women’s Golf Anteater Invitational in February.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods; comment 'stupid'
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Colonial reax: Garcia's comments | Singh, anchoring
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Colonial | Tee times
- Fowler, Mahan to donate to tornado relief efforts
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management
- Simpson wants bifurcation | Clark's take