After shooting a first-round 2-over 74 at Quail Hollow on Thursday, Anthony Kim withdrew from the Wells Fargo Championship. Kim cited a nagging wrist injury.
This is the third consecutive event from which Kim has withdrawn. Kim pulled out of the Shell Houston Open after opening with 79 and withdrew after playing the first 14 holes of the Valero Texas Open in 8 over par.
Sitting at 210th on the PGA Tour money list, Kim faces the possibility of going back to Q-School. The exemptions he earned for his three wins from 2008 and 2010, including the '08 Wells Fargo Championship, end this season.
Already well in front in the team competition, the USC Trojans are now on the verge of both team and individual NCAA titles entering the final round of competition at the University of Georgia Golf Co... Read More
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots