Heading into the final round of the World Cup on Sunday, Kuchar said the winner will be determined by form over function.
"The strategy is a very, very small part of the equation there (in alternate shot). It really comes down to who is playing the best golf and I feel awfully lucky to have Gary (Woodland) being the other guy on my team," Kuchar said.
The world No. 10 may not believe the format offers any advantage, but Kuchar will try to impart some wisdom to Woodland as they plod around Mission Hills.
"I think this is an event where I try to convey a little bit of advice that I've learned through the couple of teams I've played on to Gary and I think that will come into play a little bit with the alternate shot, some of the strategies," he said.
Tags: Matt Kuchar
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots