Lefty sports shorts during Open practice round
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Jun 7, 2012 9:17 PM ET
Phil Mickelson, wearing a look we don't usually see from the four-time major winner, was at The Olympic Club Thursday getting in some practice for next week's U.S. Open. In the below video, courtesy of CSNBayArea.com, it appears that Mickelson is playing with long-bomber Gary Woodland, Nick Watney and amateur Patrick Cantlay, who just finished his sophomore season at UCLA.
It was announced Thursday that Mickelson will be grouped with Tiger Woods and Bubba Watson for the first two rounds of the U.S. Open. Mickelson is still in search of his first U.S. Open title, having finished second five times.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods; comment 'stupid'
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Colonial reax: Garcia's comments | Singh, anchoring
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Colonial | Tee times
- Fowler, Mahan to donate to tornado relief efforts
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management
- Simpson wants bifurcation | Clark's take