CROMWELL, Conn. – Marc Leishman received a little extra motivation prior to the final round of the Travelers Championship – and it came from half a world away.
Before teeing off, Leishman watched fellow Aussie pro Marcus Fraser reach a playoff at the European Tour’s BMW International Open in Cologne, Germany, only to lose in four extra holes to Danny Willett.
Leishman and Fraser are each coached by countryman Denis McDade.
“It would have been nice if Frase could have knocked that off,” Leishman said. “And that was actually a little bit of incentive for me. I was watching before I teed off, Frase on TV. Trying to get one for Denis. So it was good to be able to do it. Good day for him.”
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Statements: PGA Tour, PGAA | LPGA | USGA
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- Guan WDs from Open qualifying | Playing Memorial
- Euro captain McGinley adds third Ryder Cup pick
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth