CROMWELL, Conn. – Marc Leishman received a little extra motivation prior to the final round of the Travelers Championship – and it came from half a world away.
Before teeing off, Leishman watched fellow Aussie pro Marcus Fraser reach a playoff at the European Tour’s BMW International Open in Cologne, Germany, only to lose in four extra holes to Danny Willett.
Leishman and Fraser are each coached by countryman Denis McDade.
“It would have been nice if Frase could have knocked that off,” Leishman said. “And that was actually a little bit of incentive for me. I was watching before I teed off, Frase on TV. Trying to get one for Denis. So it was good to be able to do it. Good day for him.”
- Garcia apologizes to Woods | Tee times
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Z. Johnson back at Colonial | Groupings | Tee times
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler plans to donate $100K to tornado relief
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management