CROMWELL, Conn. – Marc Leishman received a little extra motivation prior to the final round of the Travelers Championship – and it came from half a world away.
Before teeing off, Leishman watched fellow Aussie pro Marcus Fraser reach a playoff at the European Tour’s BMW International Open in Cologne, Germany, only to lose in four extra holes to Danny Willett.
Leishman and Fraser are each coached by countryman Denis McDade.
“It would have been nice if Frase could have knocked that off,” Leishman said. “And that was actually a little bit of incentive for me. I was watching before I teed off, Frase on TV. Trying to get one for Denis. So it was good to be able to do it. Good day for him.”
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process