Lewis, King team up to win LPGA charity event
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Nov 19, 2012 3:13 PM ET
LPGA Player of the Year Stacy Lewis teamed up with Betsy King to shoot 5 under par and win the nine-hole ISPS Handa Heroes charity event on Monday.
Four teams of two (one current LPGA player, one LPGA Legends Tour player) competed at TwinEagles Golf Club in Naples, Fla., site of last week’s CME Group Titleholders.
For their efforts, Lewis and King received $50,000 to donate to two charities of their choice: the Scoliosis Research Foundation and Golf Fore Africa.
“I knew Betsy could still play,” Lewis said, according to an LPGA release. “I was surprised with how far she could still hit it and she hit it really well and putts with the magic putter. I knew we’d team up well together.”
The other three teams were Brittany Lincicome-Jan Stephenson (4 under), Lexi Thompson-Pat Bradley (4 under) and Paula Creamer-Nancy Lewis (1 under). They each received $10,000 to donate to charity.
This event will be broadcast at 8 p.m. ET Wednesday on Golf Channel.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- LIVE STREAM: Pure Silk-Bahamas LPGA Classic
- SCORING: Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA Bahamas
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Overton DQ'd at Colonial for using putting aid
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Colonial's Rd. 2 concludes with Kuchar on top
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Senior PGA lead
- Pettersen trails Bowie Young at Bahamas LPGA
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots