Lift, clean and place allowed for first round of BMW
- By Jay Coffin
- Sep 6, 2012 11:25 AM ET
CARMEL, Ind. – Lift, clean and place will be allowed Thursday during the first round of the BMW Championship. Tournament officials announced the news an hour before the first group teed off at Crooked Stick.
The Indianapolis area received a lot of rain over the weekend and Wednesday’s pro-am round was delayed for over an hour when more rain dumped on the course mid-afternoon. Robert Garrigus told GolfChannel.com late Wednesday that he didn’t hit a shot during the pro-am that didn’t end up with mud on his ball.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods | Tee times
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Z. Johnson back at Colonial | Groupings | Tee times
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler plans to donate $100K to tornado relief
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management