Lift, clean and place allowed for first round of BMW
- By Jay Coffin
- Sep 6, 2012 11:25 AM ET
CARMEL, Ind. – Lift, clean and place will be allowed Thursday during the first round of the BMW Championship. Tournament officials announced the news an hour before the first group teed off at Crooked Stick.
The Indianapolis area received a lot of rain over the weekend and Wednesday’s pro-am round was delayed for over an hour when more rain dumped on the course mid-afternoon. Robert Garrigus told GolfChannel.com late Wednesday that he didn’t hit a shot during the pro-am that didn’t end up with mud on his ball.
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson edges Korda, Phatlum in Mobile | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play