MEDINAH, Ill. – With the sting of America’s defeat in the Ryder Cup less than two hours old, captain Davis Love III was asked his thoughts on the 2014 matches, which will be played in Scotland.
At 48 years old, however, Love made it clear he would be more inclined to lead by example the next time a U.S. team set out in an international competition.
“I’m working on Fred Couples’ (2013) Presidents Cup team starting on Thursday in Vegas,” Love said.
Love plans to play all four Falls Series events starting with this week’s Justin Timberlake Shrinners Hospitals for Children Open, and he said earlier this month that he was looking forward to returning his attention to his own game.
Love last played on a Presidents Cup team in 2005 and he is currently 77th on the U.S. points list.
Tags: Davis Love
Davis Love III highlighted a six-man group atop the FedEx St. Jude leaderboard through the opening round of play in Memphis. Read More
The worst-kept secret since the USGA and R&A declared war on the anchored stroke became official on Wednesday. Read More
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose: Letterman Top 10 | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Rose highlights major champ group | Tee times
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a true friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path