Her father, Petr Korda, was a world class tennis player, as he captured the 1998 Australian Open. I spoke with Petr this morning on the range at Old Warson, and he told me he never pushed any of his three children in any one direction. Jessica simply took to golf and he plays the role of supportive father.
He said the two used to play golf, always playing a match with something on the line. Petr is not one to give his eldest child a victory, as she has to go out and earn it. With iPod in full effect, Jessica’s warm-up was casual – something she may regret after losing the first two holes to opponent Tiffany Lua.
Golf Channel coverage begins at 11:30 a.m. ET.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods | Tee times
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Z. Johnson back at Colonial | Groupings | Tee times
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler plans to donate $100K to tornado relief
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management