Masters groupings released; DJ withdraws with back injury
- By Jay Coffin
- Apr 3, 2012 12:24 PM ET
AUGUSTA, Ga. – Defending Masters champion Charl Schwartzel has a traditional pairing with the U.S. Amateur champion, Kelly Kraft. PGA champion Keegan Bradley is the third member of that group.
But all eyes are on Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy this week as the two are favorites to win at Augusta National. Sadly, neither are in groupings that provide much anticipation otherwise.
Woods is grouped with Miguel Angel Jimenez and Sang-Moon Bae. They tee off Thursday at 10:35 a.m. ET and 1:42 p.m. ET on Friday. McIlroy is with Angel Cabrera and Bubba Watson. They tee off at 1:42 p.m. ET on Thursday and 10:35 p.m. ET Friday.
In other groupings of note: Phil Mickelson, Hunter Mahan, Peter Hanson; Luke Donald, Francesco Molinari, Nick Watney; Fred Couples, Darren Clarke, Ryo Ishikawa; Vijay Singh, Lee Westwood, Jim Furyk; Zach Johnson, Ian Poulter, Patrick Cantlay.
Dustin Johnson withdrew Tuesday with an injury. Johnson's trainer told GTC that he injured himself last weekend and therapy didn't alleviate the pain. Randy Myers said he expected Johnson to be out "probably three weeks.".
Arnold Palmer, Gary Player and Jack Nicklaus are honorary starters and they hit the ceremonial first tee shots at 7:40 a.m. ET.
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots