CHASKA, Minn. – As the 91st PGA Championship turns for the final nine holes it has become a two-man race between Tiger Woods and Y.E. Yang at 6 under and the match-play situation got us thinking.
Yang didn't start hitting balls until he was 19 years old. By the time Woods was 19 he'd already secured the amateur triple crown - three U.S. Amateur titles and three U.S. Junior crowns. Both were match-play events.
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first pro win at Madeira | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play