ST. LOUIS – The match-play portion of this year’s U.S. Women’s Amateur championship is underway at Old Warson Country Club. Danielle Kang is the medalist and was first off this morning.
There are plenty of big names to keep an eye on today. Amy Anderson, the winner of the Girls’ Junior two weeks ago is in one of the final first-day matches this afternoon. Kimberly Kim, the winner of this championship three years ago is down early in her first round match. The same can be said for Cheyenne Woods, the niece of the world’s No. 1 player. It’s a sultry August day here, with temperatures expected in the high 80s.
Coverage begins on Golf Channel at 3 p.m. ET.
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- U.S. Open: Articles, videos, pics | Coverage | Social
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path