ST. LOUIS – The match-play portion of this year’s U.S. Women’s Amateur championship is underway at Old Warson Country Club. Danielle Kang is the medalist and was first off this morning.
There are plenty of big names to keep an eye on today. Amy Anderson, the winner of the Girls’ Junior two weeks ago is in one of the final first-day matches this afternoon. Kimberly Kim, the winner of this championship three years ago is down early in her first round match. The same can be said for Cheyenne Woods, the niece of the world’s No. 1 player. It’s a sultry August day here, with temperatures expected in the high 80s.
Coverage begins on Golf Channel at 3 p.m. ET.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path